Breaking News

Low Carb Watermelon Drink

School is starting so I consider today a holiday for moms nationwide!  Indulge a little with your girlfriends and share this Low Carb Watermelon Drink to celebrate!  Add a splash of vodka if you really want to get the party started!
The true inspiration behind this drink came from my 4 year old daughter.  She is not that fond of water, actually, her drink of choice is milk.  She is starting pre-k this year and I didn’t think milk would be a good choice as it would be sitting in her lunch box all morning and not in the refrigerator.
  • She likes watermelon
  • she likes juice
  • I don’t like to give my kids juice
  • watermelon is lower in carbs and full of flava!
  • I’ll make watermelon juice! (minus vodka, duh)
So that was my watermelon juice thought process.  I ended up drinking a cup and thinking “This is the most refreshing drink I have ever had!”


So this low carb watermelon drink is super easy to make.  I started with a quarter of a medium sized watermelon.  I cut out the flesh and blended it in my blender until it was pureed.  I then used a paper towel lined colander inside a larger bowl to strain out the pulp.  This left me with 2 cups of watermelon juice!

I poured the watermelon juice into a pitcher and added 4 cups of water.  I then sweetened it with 1/4 tsp of liquid stevia.  It was so easy peasy and so delicious!  It seriously has so much flavor from the watermelon!  Instead of plain water, you could use sparkling water to fizz it up.  You could also add some fresh mint to jazz it up!
Both of my kids loved it and I know you will love it too!  This is a little higher in carbs than I normally would do for a drink, but its okay to indulge every now and then.  Just don’t drink the whole pitcher in one day!



INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Add the watermelon flesh to a blender and blend until pureed
  • Line a small colander with paper towels, then place in a larger bowl.  Pour the pureed watermelon into the colander to strain out the pulp.  This will yield about 2 cups of watermelon juice.  set pulp aside.
  • Add the watermelon juice, water, and stevia to a pitcher.  Stir to combine.  Serve over ice and with fresh mint if desired.

JENNIFER'S TIPS

Use 1 oz of vodka per serving to booze it up.
You can use sparkling water in place of plain water.

Aucun commentaire